Friday, October 5, 2007

Rim- Tapas and Fine Wine

Rim 219-A S Elm St, Greensboro, NC 27401 Telephone: (336) 230-2055


From the outside looking in the new tapas restaurant in downtown Greensboro, Rim, doesn’t look very exciting. All you can see is one sitting area (VIP) and the kitchen. Once you make your way inside there is a very long hall that leads you to a very surprising atmosphere. The dining area is very modern and at first I felt like I was walking into a trendy New York restaurant. Oh and if you give them a visit, make sure you scope out the sculpture of the naked female coming out of the waterfall…

So yes the place looks very nice and the service was better than other wine bars in the area but I just do not dig the tapas ordering style. I felt as though the individual food items were overpriced and the amount of food you get is very small (Twelve bucks or some for two scallops). The one thing Solaris does that Rim doesn’t is they give customers the option to get a full meal rather than the tapas portion. Rim should consider doing the same.

You should at least give it a try because you might enjoy the experience. I liked the atmosphere and the conversation but at the end of the night $50 had been spent and I was still hungry. The only design flaw that really stood out was the flat screen TV’s on the walls. The owner of Rim also dreamed up Bar Fry (same location) that was open for about 6 hour’s total. I have to imagine that the owner had the TV’s left over from Bar Fry and didn’t want them to go to waste so he left them on the wall. A DVD loop of pictures plays on the TV’s (5 or 6 of them)… it is very random and takes away from the atmosphere.

If you want to go somewhere for just drinks I think Rim is definitely on point for that. If you are going to eat, you better bring some snacks from home to make sure your hunger is satisfied.

2 comments:

lilwing said...

Obviously, this person doesn't know what tapas is all about; they just wanted a meat & three. Leaving hungry, they had the opprotunity to order more food, but was too cheep to order more.
Honestly, I think the place is fun and is a great place to get an eclectic choice of appetizers.

The Daily 411 said...

Actually I do know what tapas is about. Why didn't I order more food? My bill was already pretty high and I simply could not shell out more money. You sound like someone that is involved with Rim.